Wednesday 25 December 2013

Living with Hearing Loss is Not Easy! Thank God Hearing Aids are There

I live in a joint family. Since childhood I have observed that everyone in my family speaks very loudly with my grandfather. Not even at home, whenever my grandpa took me away for shopping, he can’t communicate with the people easily. I asked him why you can’t hear properly; he said child you will not understand, it’s called hearing loss.

As I was a child so it was difficult for me to understand the fact that he is suffering with the problem of hearing loss. At that time, financial condition of my family was not good enough to spend money for purchasing hearing aids. Time passed and after seven years, I got a good job in a multinational company. I decided to spend my first salary for purchasing best hearing aids for my grandpa.

I took my grandpa to audiologist. He diagnosed the level of hearing loss and performed various tests to find out which hearing aid would be best for my grandpa. After collecting report, I started to search for the hearing aids dealer on the web. There I found a long list of dealers.

Some of them were offering analog while others were into the manufacturing and selling of digital hearing aid. But, the doctor recommended a digital one so I ordered it from a certified hearing aid supplier named Decibel Clinic. When I came home with a pair of hearing aid, everyone was proud of me. That was one of best days of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Nice article. There are few well-known Hearing Aid Clinic In India who provide best Hearing Aids. Looking forward to more informative articles from you.

    ReplyDelete